Once you purchase the child restraint system (CRS), known as a car seat, a baby carrier, or a booster; you have probably asked yourself:
- How should I install the (CRS) in my car?
- What features should I consider choosing the correct CRS?
- Is it important to know the car specs for installing the CRS?
The safety of children is very important when it comes to traveling by car, therefore, it is essential that you know how to correctly install the child restraint system (CRS) in your vehicle. In this article, we tell you some tips to ensure that the CRS is properly installed.
Recommendations to properly install CRS:
- Firstable, check what type of CRS you have in your hands or which one you should buy according to your child. You can read our blog: Do you know which is the best child restraint system for your children?
- Confirm that the CRS is installed in a seat with not airbags or that are deactivated.
- Identify if your vehicle has an anchoring system to install the seat or if you must use the seat belt to install the CRS. Some cars have an image printed on the seat showing that it has an anchor system.
If you must install with a seat belt, I invite you to read our blog about the locking clip: Why buy a locking clip?
- Consult in the CRS manual or in the pictogram found on the side of the CRS, the specific seat angle according with orientation of the installation.
- Verify that the baby/child harness is connected and adjusted.
How can Baby Explorer help you?
If you have concerns about this subject; we have a CRS inspection and installation service; offering valuable information so you can learn how to do it yourself at any time.
If you are coming to Bogotá Colombia or, you are looking for a temporary CRS, rent with us and receive the necessary advice to ensure a safe and light trip. Remember that a CRS correctly installed is essential to guarantee the safety of the passengers specially the children.