What are the reasons to buy a locking clip?
If this is the first time you are hearing about the locking clip, better known as the H-plate, or you need one for your child restraint system (infant car seat); we invite you to read this summary. If you require help for a correct installation, you can contact us.
What does the locking clip (H-plate) mean?
The Locking Clip is a metal device in the shape of an “H” or “I” that keeps the vehicle seat belt fixed; the same with which the baby car seat is adjusted, ensuring that the Child Restraint System (CRS) remains firm, preventing it from slide.
When to use the locking clip (H plate)?
It is recommended to use the locking clip, better known as the H plate, when installing the child restraint system (CRS) with an emergency locking retractor (ELR). You can identify if your vehicle has an ELR if retractor locks only in response to the rapid deceleration of a vehicle or rapid spooling out of the seat belt webbing from the retractor.
In which cases should the locking clip (H plate) not be used?
- In case of installing the child restraint system (CRS) with an integrated anchoring system (Isofix or Latch).
- When the child restraint system (CRS) has an internal locking hook or clip and this is used for installation.
- When the child restraint system (CRS) is installed with an automatic locking retractor (ALR) that locks when the continuous motion of spooling the belt out is stopped or an switchable locking retractor.
- When the seat belt with which the child restraint system (CRS) is installed is lap-only belt.
How do you install the locking clip (H plate)?
In the following link you can see a video to install your locking clip
- Place the Child Restraint System (CRS) inside the vehicle, in the direction and angle appropriate for the child’s age.
- Identify the correct path to pass the seat belt through the CRS and connect it to the buckle.
- Once the latch plate is connected, the locking clip must be installed two fingers above the latch plate of the seat belt or very close to the latch plate, not exceeding 1 inche distance.
- Make sure the locking clip passes through both seat belt webbing.
If after reading this blog you want to purchase the locking clip or H plate for your Child Restraint System (CRS), you can follow this link Clip de bloqueo para cinturón de seguridad | Baby Explorer. You can also request an appointment from our management team for advice on the inspection or installation of your child restraint system with a locking clip.
At Baby Explorer you can rent your child restraint system (infant car seat) in the city of Bogotá, Colombia. Check out options according to the age of your child. Follow the link Silla para carro | Baby Explorer